Having a teething baby is tough for parents, especially if they aren’t quite sure what to do to comfort their child. If you are considered one of these people, our Price Pediatric Dentistry team has some tips for you! There are many things you can do to help your child feel better as their teeth grow into place, and those things are:
- Gently massage your child’s gums with your clean fingertips.
- Get a cold spoon and hold it against the sensitive area of your child’s mouth.
- Give your child a cold, wet washcloth to chew on. Make sure you are there to supervise as they chew.
- Chill your baby’s pacifier in the fridge before you give it to them.
- Give your child a clean teething ring to chew on.
If you need additional teething tips in Price, Utah, Dr. Trace M. Lund will be happy to help you. All we ask is that you refrain from giving your child the amber teething necklace and lidocaine. These two things are very harmful and toxic for your child. If you need additional tips that are safe and effective, please feel free to call 435.637.9590 and schedule an appointment with your dentist. We are more than happy to help you in every way we can!